Rocky Mountain Trucking LLC

Werner Enterprises (CCJ Top 250, No. 13) is acquiring Tampa, Florida-based ReedTMS Logistics, an asset-light logistics provider and truckload carrier that offers a suite of freight brokerage and truckload solutions, for $112.4 million.

Reed’s brokerage network, which accounts for 90% of the company’s revenue, includes 19,000 active carriers and 70,000 approved carriers. The company serves more than 800 customers, but two-thirds of its business comes from the food and beverage industries. 

ReedTMS will operate as a standalone business unit within Werner, and will report to the Werner Logistics segment. Its truckload business will report to Werner’s Dedicated business unit with its Truckload Transportation Services segment.

“ReedTMS will elevate our logistics portfolio with new customers, by expanding and diversifying our industry verticals,” said Werner Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Derek Leathers. 

ReedTMS Logistics CEO Jason Reed said partnering with Werner will enable the company “to achieve key goals, including creating broader opportunities for our associates, expanding our service capabilities for our customers and helping us continue our quest to leverage best in class technology solutions for our associates, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.”

Werner in October acquired Milan, Indiana-based truckload carrier Baylor Trucking – it’s first acquisition since 2021, when it acquired an 80% equity ownership stake in Pennsylvania-based regional hauler ECM Transport Group for $142.4 million (Werner has an option to buy the remaining 20% of the company after five years), and final-mile carrier Nehds Logistics for $64 million. Prior to last year, Werner hadn’t made an acquisition in its 60-plus year history. 

There have been 26 deals among CCJ‘s Top 250 for-hire carriers since the beginning of June, and 31 Top 250 fleets have struck 34 deals this year.